CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"I don't care who you are, get your reindeer off my roof!"


Wow, what a difference a year makes. I was just writing an update that Shelley asked me to write to remember our "Gotcha Day" for Lili. I was thinking as I was writing that I was using all of my "blog energy" (thank you I have coined a new phrase) to enter stuff for her blog and what would I write for my blog. Then it occurred to me, no one reads this stuff but us anyway. It's almost like a big glorified email back and forth. But blah de blah.

I guess that brings me to the opening title. "I don't care who you are, get your reindeer off of my roof". That was what Carolyn used to always say to us this time of year, whenever we would call we could count on hearing that. She loved that saying and we loved hearing her say it. I sure would love to hear it again. I will have to wait. Along with my mother's comments on our blogs. You can be sure that both of our mother's would have been reading our blogs on a regular basis. They loved us so and our little girls too. I mourn that Aly and Lili will not have the benefit of them being around while they grow up to be young ladies.

This time of year is always hard for folks who have lost loved ones in the past year. Shelley was speaking to her very good friends Mom recently. Her friend Linda, went to be with the Lord this past year and her little 11 year old son has to now grow up without a Mommy. These are questions I will have to remember to ask the Lord one day. I know His ways are best and He is sovereign but still...

Anyway, if you read this, please remember us in your prayers. We miss our Mommies too. I guess you never really get over it. If yours is still with you, make it a point to hug her a little longer and spend time with her. You just never know what is going to happen this next year.

Merry Christmas!!
David

Reading to my little beauties.

More of my beauties.




4 comments:

Kim said...

Um...hello. I log onto your blogs daily...sometimes a few times a day for UPDATES! Congratulations on one year...we have our 2 year anniversary coming up in February!

Love to all 4 of you!
Kim
www.journeytohannah.com

Anonymous said...

Hello S + D, I can so relate w/ the holidays and vivid memories of loved ones now in Glory. I actually remember sitting in the living room at the BCH w/ you right after my Dad passed away in 04. You were just about to leave for China and we were making pests of ourselves as you were attempting to get ready. We know- and understand the pain you both are feeling. Yes, we know they are in the arms of Christ, but we are human and still on this earth, missing them here. Would they want to come back? ... no way, and someday we will all understand why. Love to you both.
Susan and Dave.

Anonymous said...

I've heard it a bit differently. My mom worked for this guy at a local hospital in suburban Philadelphia back in the early 1970s.

Mom's boss liked to go around the hospital offices playfully bellowing,

"I don't care WHAT your name is, fat man - GET THEM REINDEER OFF MY ROOF!"

Poj2 said...

No, it's not true that it is only you that read this. Me to, even if I don't know you. But I have to say that you seem to be a good father :)