CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me !!

Hello dear friends. Thank you once again for sharing a few minutes of your busy day reading about my beautiful family and our experiences. What a really awesome thing the Internet is that allows us to share our lives electronically!


We celebrated my birthday (July 4Th) on Friday and I was blessed with what has become a tradition in our home. I am awakened by my beautiful daughters who are adorned in patriotic garb, topped off with red "do" rags. I get to kiss and love on them and add my "do" rag to the mix and we hug and love and take pictures and they give me cards and "sup-presents". It is a wonderful way to wake up, especially on your birthday.











I am also the beneficiary of a special "summer time" hat each father's day or birthday. This tradition was started even before we got our Aly and Lili. The girls at the children's home felt so sorry for me as I was burning my head each time we went to the beach or the pool so they would get a hat and decorate it for me, and then proceed to lose it for me at the beach or pool. You can't have anything. (I sound like my Ma.)
So you can see from the hat that it is not a fashion item but simply something to keep the sun out of your face and from burning your head. My Aly and Lili had a fun time decorating it and for me that is worth more that anything. Here they are trying to put it on my head.

We spent the rest of the day out by the pool, after eating our bar-b-que chicken and potato salad and other yummies. We saved my favorite birthday request cake, death by strawberries, for after our swim. Shelley outdid herself as usual.

I must admit that I never would have dreamed in my imaginings as I was growing up that I would be 47 years old and the father of a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. It is really an amazing and awesome God we serve who gives us such blessings when we are so undeserving.




I hope if you have not read Shelley's blog you will. Our Aly presented Shelley with a very heart rendering question while we were swimming Friday. Shelley handled it very well.
I do so wish I could take away the pain that will ultimately come to my two wonderful children. I am sad to say that there is no way for me to do this. We must trust in Jesus to meet their need and lead them according to His plan, not ours. I know He will do a wonderful thing in their lives. He has already shown His miracle power so many times. We are so blessed to be the parents of these two little marvels.

Of course I am their daddy man so I can brag and brag but truthfully if you got to spend any time around them yourself you would too be amazed at their abilities and insights at such young ages. I would love to take credit however, I will simply say that God knows what he is doing and he certainly chose the right match with our family!



Thanks for stopping by and love to you and yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you David....Happy Birthday to you David!!!! Happy Birthday dear DAVID! Happy Birthday to you! ;o)


Love ya! Hope it was a good one!

Kristen

sscottmusic said...

Happy D Day.
Stan