CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Hone

My beautiful little laugh bunnies enjoying each other
and of course we enjoy them enjoying each other!!!!
Greetings and Happy New Year to all who read this.

Wow. A brand new slate wiped clean and ready for us to fill with memories to last us a lifetime. As I sit and write this I am reminded of the conversation I had with my oldest on New Year's Day. We were discussing what a "New Year" meant. I got to explain it to her in terms that I was sure she would understand, in fact they even made sense to me.


I told her that a new year was like a brand new piece of paper. Being four years old and LOVING to draw and practice writing this really hit home. She also LOVES clean white sheets of paper. I explained it like everyone was getting a new piece of paper to draw and write the events of the year on. Maybe their hopes and wishes and plans etc. I told her that the last year was just like the piece of paper you have been writing on and drawing on for a while and you have used up all the good areas to create in so you want to move to a "new" sheet of paper. She liked that definition so there.

Well if you are like me you NEED a new clean sheet of paper. If just to look at and ponder for a while. Maybe that's why you will read this on January 8 or later instead of January 1 or 2nd. It's not because my wife did not encourage me to write here. She said it could "hone" my writing skills and I could use some "honing" I am sure... what ever that means. I think I know but my mind is a big Swiss cheese block and I could be wrong so Valerie (if you read this) I will have to, well, OK, for ANYONE of you who know me you know I am about to go online to Dictionary.com and find our what "hone" means. Hold on a sec. AND according to that website it means- to make more acute or effective; improve; perfect: to hone one's skills. So there. I DEFINITELY need to do that. As you can see from the rabbits I chase.


I think this is a year in which to hone some skills that are getting a bit rusty. Oh yeah the definition also refers to sharpening a knife or some other instrument in need of sharpening. Kind of like our minds I guess. So I will be honing. Perhaps here. Perhaps there. Keep a look out. Until then enjoy looking at three of the most beautiful creatures of our AWESOME GOD'S creation. Until I hone some more...
David


Celebrating Shelley's birthday.

AM I a blessed man or what???


Celebrating Aly's 4th birthday. She is making a wish here.

And getting that wish fulfilled here !

My two butterfly hunters. Enjoying a birthday gift.

Notice the unopened box in the background

with the writing "not gone through yet"

2 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

You have beautiful daughters and I love your oldest's name (of course!).
Happy New Year!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

sarahb said...

I think all three of your girls are beautiful! Hug them for me, please!! And tell Aly that I too love a new sheet of white paper all full of possibilities - just ready for our imaginations to go wild. May this year be one of all sorts of remarkable and amazing joys....just waiting around the next corner for God to reveal!!

Sarah and Rich