CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A little fence isn't going to stop me


OK so I finally found a spot where I can come and clear my mind and do some writing. It is a little ways away from our home but it's worth the drive. Maybe about 10 or so miles but it is a place where I can sit and park and hear the surf and see the ocean. There is just something about the ocean that inspires me to write. Anyway, I drive up today and this guy is putting up a fence right in front of my wonderful view. A FENCE!!! It's not like people have been walking all over the area and dogs have been pooping the place up. It looks nice and you can still see the ocean through the slats but it STILL kind of hacks me off that it obstructs my view a little.

Oh well, I can still hear the surf and see the ocean. I will just have to learn to adjust. Who knows, maybe they don't want me parking here and writing. Doesn't matter I am still going to write and someday I will look back on this and laugh.
Speaking of Dogs- Man's best friend, I am feeling kind of guilty for not bringing my Bailey with me today. She ALWAYS wants to go where ever I go. Even if it is just a ride she loves to go. I could be going out to the car to get something and she will be in the car as soon as I open the door. She will jump in and head to the back window immediately, just waiting to go so she can bark at something. She loves to bark at people, or other dogs and especially anything in the back of a pick up truck. It could be bags of trash, it doesn't matter she will bark at it and be mad if it doesn't bark back.

She has been a faithful friend and we love her so but since the girls came her world has been turned upside down and she has had to take 2nd and even 3rd place when she was so used to being first place. Oh well, she still loves us and puts up with us. Even when we are attacked in the middle of the night by our girls.


That's right, Aly had a bad dream and woke us up about 3:15am and climbed into bed with us, THEN about an hour or so (I think, I was in a sleep funk) Lili wakes up crying for the second time wanting to see Daddy. Well , Shelley has to pee really bad so she drops off Lili with me, remember I am in the sleep funk, and Lili immediately wants to lay down beside me but she can't because Aly is there, SO she begins her "WHY DADDEEEE???" and wailing like I have chopped off her left leg. SO I let her slide off of me onto, you guessed it. But of course, Aly can sleep through a hurricane (which is good living here in Florida) and it doesn't effect her at all but I have mortally wounded Lili and she will never recover from her DADDEEEE dropping her off and letting her land on Aly.


In the mean time, Bailey is the smart one and gets up and moves to the recliner because the big dog (that's me) starts barking that "everyone is up now" and so on and so on...


Everything calms back down and we all get to sleep until Aly needs to warm up her feet. Well, the place she chooses to warm her feet is NOT my choice place. She loves to wiggle her feet under my butt and sometimes IN my butt crack giving me a serious wedgie that I DO NOT like especially when I am in a sleep funk and WANT to be asleep. SO I tell her if she is going to play then she needs to go ahead and get up which in turn hurts her feelings because she is still sleepy and wants to sleep but she thinks the big dog is till barking too so she complies. Sometimes it's nice to be the big dog.

And this is my life.
You gotta love it.
I sure do!!
(and you thought this post was about a fence to keep our Bailey in didn't you)



D

3 comments:

Susan said...

Keep writing. Not enough posting David! You have an audience.

Jennifer said...

I'm part of the audience, too. ;)

Jennifer G.

sarahb said...

Eagerly waiting for more!