CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

It's getting better in the Castle




My little princess came and slept with us a while this morning. I must admit I was in hogs heaven when she fell back to sleep on my arm as she was snuggled up to me. I am hoping however that she falls asleep and has a pleasant and sound sleep tonight with no bad dreams. I enjoyed my "adult" time with my wife last night. Although we both are physically tired and sleepy we try to get a little bit of conversation in that is not interrupted by little ones. We also got to turn on a movie that was rated a little more than G. Mind you I like the kids movies and family movies I just enjoyed some character development and story line etc. I think Shelley did too, although she fell asleep half way through. Not to mention, this was a "chick flick" and I didn't necessarily care for the gratuitous sex. The movie was "The Holiday" with Camron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black and my new favorite actress Kate Winslett. There is no nudity and only a few bad words and the story line is great. We really enjoyed it.

Oh well, blah blah blah. I am checking to see if anyone is reading my musings. There have been a few people here and there. No comments however and Shelley tells me it's because of some setting I have, so I changed it to allow everyone to post a comment. I certainly welcome them. I would love to know if anyone out there finds my posts interesting. I would also like to open a forum up about topics so that I can spout off about whatever interests you. For instance.

Shelley and I as you probably know have recently moved in with my father in law. The house was already full and we brought a truck load and a a half to mix in with it. Well, needless to say, we can't do it all ourselves so we hired some kids from one of Shelley's life long friends family (niece and nephew- 14 and 10 years old respectively) to help us out. They have been doing a great job and we really appreciate their help. Anyway, we somehow got on the subject about homosexuality and Christianity and we definitely differed in our opinions and interpretations about scripture. Now of course I made sure they knew that I was not trying to persuade their views, after all they are only 14 and 10. I told them that they should always discuss matters such as these with their parents. The opinion I was giving was mine and mine alone.

Now of course you are asking yourself and me, what is your opinion? OK, glad you asked. I have taken a few days to research this topic and do other things that needed doing so I feel a little behind in my posting so I am going to post this and then maybe speak on that topic if and I do say IF anyone is interested.



By the way, for the past few nights it has gotten easier and easier to go to sleep with just my wife and oldest (Bailey). She after all has been sleeping with us for the past 8 years so there is just no changing that until she goes to doggy heaven. And don't get me started there either. Our beautiful little Jack Russell Terrorist has been under the weather the past few days after injuring her eye and crapping all over the back seat of our car and puking too. Oh well, I guess it is our fault for just leaving her in the car to go out to eat after taking her to the Vet and them giving her a antibiotic shot. Needless to say, our meal was cut short. You DON'T want the details.


OK so I will post later about the topic K? Who the heck is reading this anyway? I have had only one comment (thank you Jennifer) and that encourages my continued musings. It has been cathartic and educational. Hope you have fun and learn something too.




Hoping your dreams come true,


David

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes. Much better. This allows folks like Moi, who can't remember their google password to say Ni Hao. Yep I'm all for the AC/DC conversation. Let it roll. Perhaps Hillary is reading. Let a few other opinions slither out while you are at it would ya?

sarahb said...

At least your dog is small - ours weighs 80 pounds and still wants to sleep on the bed!!
And yes, we are reading and I, for one, would be interested in you take on the mentioned conversation.
Also, glad to hear that you found help.

Jennifer said...

You're welcome, David...haha!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You are a great writer-your wife was right! Keep it up and I will get my husband to read your blog also! We have an adopted China doll Makenzie who will be 3 in November.
Becky

Lance Wallace said...

David,
I agree, you are doing a great job! And I would like to hear more of Chrisianity and homosexuality conversation with the 14 year olds, too! Keep it up. I'll be checking back in later.
Lance

Val said...

Am I evil? I just laughed when I read what your dog did to your backseat.
:D
Febreeze, my good sir, Febreeze. Magic word.