CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

We're off and running...

OK, so we have begun the process. I even have the pictures and all with my profile etc. How cool is that huh? My wife was just was discussing with me about re-doing her blog and she changed the color to black. Is this what we have been reduced to? Talking about our blog colors. Well then so be it. You must find common ground. I am not a hunter, not a sports enthusiast (I was several years ago but that was when I was a betting fool), So she has never had to fight that battle. Although I am not as into the adoption thing as she is and we enjoy each others company but it seems like the years have slowly eaten away at our common likes and dislikes.

What I mean is, you have to WORK at your relationship don't you! It doesn't just happen. Well, when you are first married it seems to "just happen" that's because all you can think of is making whoopee. Is that how you spell that? Anyway, you know what I mean. You spend a lot of time together making love and then eating, making love and then eating again and then maybe watching a movie until well, you know... and you just seem to have a lot in common. Of course you have a lot of likes and dislikes too. Hopefully you share those.

But times change and you change with them. Your lives just change. You may have demanding jobs that drain your emotional tank which leaves you dry when your spouse needs your emotions also. You have kids and they are so demanding that you put your spouse on the back burner and pray they will forgive you and you blow kisses at night instead of actually kissing. Do I sound like a Psychologists dream or what. Blah, blah, blah. I'll bet my wife has a hissy when she reads this. Maybe or maybe not. Who knows, but what I am saying is that we have to work at our relationships. If me starting a blog will give us more common areas to discuss and work on together (or should I say together-separately kind of like sitting in the same room and reading together) then more power to me. Perhaps some other's should be listening to this.

We have been so caught up in so many other things that we have forgotten about us. Of course there is no question about the love. We made that decision over 14 years ago when we knew we were meant to be husband and wife and devoted ourselves to each other and swore before God to let Him lead and follow His will. Doesn't mean it has been easy. There are times Shelley wants to kill me and I her but we get over it. We CHOOSE to get over it and love each other in spite of our short comings. And oh baby some of us have way more short comings than should be allowed.

I guess right now I am experiencing so many emotions of all that is transpiring in our lives currently. Here it is a little after midnight and we have to be up at least by 6 am so we can be out on the carport to price our yard sale items. Don't even get me started about that. Anyway, if you read this, both of you please pray for us that the Lord will send angels with American money to buy our stuff so we can pay bills and then sell more stuff at another yard sale in two weeks. Just pray that His will is accomplished. I am sure it is cause we are getting rid of stuff. And if you have seen our home lately you know we need to badly. I told you don't get me started.

Anyway, just thinking out loud. Or typing out loud or whatever. Maybe this will jog some one's heart too. At least I am blogging. What about you there partner?

Til the cows come home,
David

0 comments: